As a global charismatic family, a beacon of hope in this turbulent world
Jesus, today you continue to call us to relate to others in a fundamentally new way (Mk 3, 20-31, 31-35), to listen to your Word and put it into practice, with urgency and without excluding anyone.
You are pressuring us to set out immediately on pathways that lead to the future: that is, as Marists of Champagnat, to:
- form homes that are a light on the hill for those around, giving ourselves whole-heartedly to creating a family style of life that is open to all.
- promote and nourish Marist life in all its diversity, working towards our deeply-felt desire to act as “one global body”* .
- be open, in all simplicity, to make ourselves available to go beyond geographic or provincial boundaries.
- rediscover, as Brothers, the original passion that inspired us to be Marists.
* During the Chapter repeated use was made of the expression global body as a synonym of global family. That is to say, all Marists of Champagnat belong to a single body or a single charismatic family, and we are being called to act as such.